Call for Proposal Announcement
Please refer to the project guideline in the supplement documents.
29 Dec 2022, 24:00
13 Jan 2023, 17:00
System opens on:
14 Nov 2022
Synopsis of the Scheme
This funding scheme is jointly sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology of Guangdong Province and the Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund. The Call for Proposal Announcement is launched by both DST-GD and ITF. Each department will review independently. The projects that have been accepted by both departments will be finally awarded. To strengthen the industry-academia research synergetic innovation in the Greater Bay area, this funding scheme encourages cooperation between Guangdong innovation entities and Hong Kong collaborative partners.
Applicants should meet all the following requirements:
- Foreign researchers employed by mainland institutions or researchers from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan can be the PI of the project. But the PI shall not perform as a local researcher and an overseas researcher simultaneously.
- At least one enterprise should lead or participate in the project. The mainland enterprises should provide matching funds that are not less than the funding amount sponsored by the government.
For other eligibility requirements, please refer to the program guidelines.
Applicants shall submit the proposal on the online application system(广东省科技业务管理阳光政务平台).
Applicants can contact Alan Meng to create an account for the application system.
- Please initiate the internal review application through the Research Project Internal Review System (CLICK HERE) and upload the following documents to the system by the internal deadline.
- Research Project Application Approval Form
- Project Proposal
- Employment certificate
- Commitment Letter on Authenticity (真实性承诺函)
- Commitment Letter on Matching Fund (自筹经费承诺函) (if applicable)
- Ethics Review Report (if applicable)
- Collaborative Agreement (submit to RD by email for legal review)
孟熹 Alan Meng
Research Department, HKUST(GZ)
T: 020-8833 8992
E: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org