Call for Proposal Announcement
Announcement (2023 NSFC-HKRGC Co-funded Joint Research Program-Key Project)
Information Science, Biological Science, New Material Science, Ocean and Environmental Science, Medical Science, Management Science, etc.
Applicants can apply for up to 3,000,000 RMB per project.
Projects are expected to start on January 1, 2024 and close on December 31, 2027.
1 March 2023
10 March 2023, 16:00
System opens on:
21 February 2023
Synopsis of the Scheme
According to the agreement between the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong on the establishment of the Co-funded Joint Research Program, the funding scheme is to support collaborative research between Mainland and Hong Kong researchers every year. Key Projects are focusing on supporting systematic innovation and promoting breakthroughs in several important areas. Approximately 10 projects are planned to be funded in 2023.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. The applicant should hold a senior professional position. The principal investigator (PI) shall be undertaking or has undertaken NSFC projects for 3 years or more as the project leader.
2. The PI undertaking international (regional) collaborative research projects shall not apply for this project as the applicant.
3. The researchers cannot apply or participate in the project in both domestic and overseas roles.
4. The researchers employed in Hong Kong are not allowed to apply for this project through mainland affiliated institutions.
5. The PI and the Hong Kong collaborators should have a well-developed basis for cooperation.
For other eligibility requirements, please refer to the program guidelines.
Applicants can register and submit the proposal on the online application system (科学基金网络信息系统登录平台).
1. If the project involves research ethics and safety issues like human participants, animals, artifacts, and experiment safety, please propose and finish the ethics review on Tick@lab platform, at least 20 days before the internal deadline.
Research Department, HKUST(GZ)
T: 020 8833 8994