Call for Proposal Announcement
Nanomaterials, nanodevices, and nanomedicine
No more than CNY 6 million or 10 million per project
2 to 3 years
29 Dec 2022
06 Jan 2023, 17:00
System opens on:
07 Dec 2022
Synopsis of the Scheme
This scheme aims at developing core technology research and application research in nanotechnology, developing key technologies, materials, crafts, and devices to break the bottlenecks, cultivating, and expanding the nano industry in Guangdong, and supporting the establishment of high-level innovation in the nano industry in the Greater Bay Area.
This scheme includes major industrialization and free application types, with 19 research directions in total. Major industrialization has 4 research directions and requires a designated institution to lead and implement the project. The free application provides 15 research directions. Among them, there are 3 directions called ‘Province-District linkage’ tasks, which require the enterprises of Huangpu District to lead or the research results to be industrialized in Huangpu District.
Applicants should meet all the following requirements:
- Matching funds are required. The matching funds shall not be less than 70% of the total amount of funds of the project if the host institution is an enterprise. If the host institution is not an enterprise, the matching funds shall not be less than 50%.
- In principle, the same research team can only apply for or participate in one project. One institution can only apply for or participate in no more than three projects.
- Applicants who have three or more Guangdong S&T projects that have yet closed or have project(s) that have been delayed for more than one year cannot apply for this project.
- Applicants who have any ongoing Guangdong major S&T projects or key R&D projects that have yet closed cannot apply for this project.
- For other detailed eligibility requirements, please refer to the scheme guidelines in the application system.
Applicants shall submit the proposal on the online application system(广东省科技业务管理阳光政务平台).
Applicants can contact Alan Meng to create an account for the application system.
- Generally, each research area supports one project.
- The number of collaborative units should not exceed 6.
- Please initiate the internal review application through the Research Project Internal Review System (CLICK HERE) and upload the following documents to the system by the internal deadline.
- Research Project Application Approval Form（研究项目基本信息和审批表）
- Project Proposal（项目申报书）
- Ethics Review Report（伦理与安全审查证明） (if applicable)
- Collaborative Agreement （联合申报协议）(submit to RD by email for legal review)
孟熹 Alan Meng
Research Department, HKUST(GZ)
T: 020-8833 8992
E: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org