Call for Proposal Announcement
Guangzhou Municipal Science and Technology Bureau, Administration Committee of Guangzhou Nansha Development Zone
Natural science, applied science, and science and engineering-related interdisciplinary studies
CNY 250,000 or CNY 3,000,000
From 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2025, 2 years in total.
16 Sep 2022, 17:00
30 Sep 2022, 20:00
System opens on:
2 Sep 2022
Synopsis of the Scheme
This funding scheme is a Municipality-University Joint Funding Scheme sponsored by GZ-STB, the Nansha Government, and HKUST(GZ). As the reform pilot unit that simplifies administrative procedures and yields power in the whole process of project management, HKUST(GZ) is responsible for project review, selection, and recommendation.
Applicants should meet all the following requirements:
- The PI shall be fully employed by the affiliated institution
- Under the age of 60, born on or after 1 Jan 1962 (except for the academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering)
- Not under sanction due to academic misconduct
For other eligibility requirements, please refer to the program guidelines.
Applicants can register and submit the proposal on the online application system (广州科技大脑).
Basic and Applied Basic Research Project quota: 70
Municipal Key Laboratory Project quota: 1
- All our young researchers are encouraged to apply.
- If the project involves research ethics and safety issues like human participants, animals, artifacts, and experiment safety, please propose and finish the ethics review on Tick@lab platform, at least 20 days before the internal deadline.
Research Department, HKUST(GZ)
T: 020 8833 8991
E: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com